In the Second World War, the occupying Japanese forced Allied POWs to build a railway through Thailand. Conditions were horrific, and one area in particular was dubbed with the name of the underworld itself. Anna Power had a chance to explore the nightmare of Hellfire Pass.
- Children in a City of Garbage: Inside the Philippines’ Most Notorious Slum
- Sannakji: Is Eating Live Octopus Cruel?
- Gaming Yourself to Death: A Visit to a PC Bang in Korea
- Girl Model: A House of Mirrors in the Teen Modelling World
- Fashion Police: What’s the Story With Korea’s “Mini Skirt Ban”?
- Beondaegi: How to Eat Boiled Worms
- Nobody’s Seen This: Parts Unknown With Anthony Bourdain in Myanmar