A peek out of the Población (town proper) in El Nido, Palawan, in the Philippines. El Nido is considered to have some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere in the Philippines. The town was originally called Bacuit, but was changed in 1954 to El Nido, with nido meaning “bird’s nest” in Spanish. El Nido is where much of the nests for the famed bird’s nest soup come from.
- Children in a City of Garbage: Inside the Philippines’ Most Notorious Slum
- Sannakji: Is Eating Live Octopus Cruel?
- Gaming Yourself to Death: A Visit to a PC Bang in Korea
- Girl Model: A House of Mirrors in the Teen Modelling World
- Fashion Police: What’s the Story With Korea’s “Mini Skirt Ban”?
- Beondaegi: How to Eat Boiled Worms
- Nobody’s Seen This: Parts Unknown With Anthony Bourdain in Myanmar